2023 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Collaborates to provide strategic direction for the association.
– Looks for new opportunities to create promotional material to increase association revenue and drive organization awareness
– Represents the association to local levels of government promoting our ideals and goals
– Sets schedule for Board meetings
– Sets Agenda along with directors for board meetings
– Sets schedule for Board meetings in the absence of the president
– Sets Agenda in collaboration with Board of Directors for board meetings in the absence of the president
– Reviews the insurance and liability coverage for QRCA
– Provide insight and direction for annual budget and fund allocation
– Sets annual budgets for association
– Files Annual Tax Returns
– Manages board meeting agendas, and meeting minutes
– Manages and maintains board records
– Registers QRCA of the society through the BC Societies Act
Director of Active Transportation (AT)
-liaise with regional planners as needed, to discuss AT initiatives/planning
-participate in relevant community open house events if AT related
-support city AT grants with letters of support; organize bike counts for grants (optional)
-respond to schools for AT information sharing (programming support optional)
-support, develop or promote other community AT initiatives (optional)
Director of Trails
– Provide strategic direction for trail building and trail maintenance, and acts accordingly as the QRCA representative on the Chain Gang
– Leads a working group to attain S.57 and S.56 designation for a majority of trails
– Develops and implements trail signage and mapping plan, including Trailforks updates.
– Organizes multiple volunteer trail days throughout the year.
Director of Communications + Branding
– Create, curate, and manage content to be used on social media
– Write and distribute press releases, news, and other information to members and stakeholders via Mailchimp
– Design and distribute QRCA merchandise for fundraising and giveaways
– Manages and updates association website
– Ensure community sponsorship duties are
Director of Events
– Plan a calendar of events
– Plans and coordinates special events
– Works closely with sponsors and community partners.
Director of Government/Indigenous Relations and Advocacy
– Advocate and assist with the planning and implementation of Tla’amin bike events
– Limit barriers of entry for Tla’amin youth interested in cycling.
Director of Membership & Volunteers
– Manage member registrations through third party website
– Ensure participants at trail days and social rides are active members
– Manages volunteer scheduling and communication for special events
– Works with Director of Trails to gather volunteers for trail days and other trail maintenance
Director of Fundraising
– Collaborates with association executives to draft and submit grants to various organizations.
– Collaborates with Director of Communications + Branding on fundraising opportunities, including annual community sponsorship agreements.
Director at Large x 2
– The perfect introduction to working with QRCA in an official way.
JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
In preparation for our 2023 AGM, we’re looking for community members to fill the new roles* on our board. To apply, fill out the short form linked below by October 23rd. Applicants will be displayed on this website for members to familiarize themselves with before we vote at the AGM on November 7th.
*All board positions are open for 2024, but many current board members are planning to return and will be prioritized in order to create a smooth transition between new and old directors. Returning board members will also be required to put their names forward and will be displayed as such on this website.